Friday 16 May 2008

Good Evening All

Well here I am sharing the sofa with my mistress I am by her feet and Bernard (you know my big St Bernard cross friend who passed over) is sitting behind her. It has been an exhausting week and today has been no different. It is not bad, just exhausting. My mistress came in looking grey this afternoon muttering that there was too much to do so we sat her down with a cup of tea and a snuggle.

Then I persuaded her to come out for another trot, this time to relax. We went for a stroll around the local park which is both beautiful and comforting. It was designed in the early 20th century with huge tree's that a child would enjoy climbing and h formal beds of tulips and primula's. (Mistress Blue took some pictures of this park a few weeks ago when she came to visit so you could look at it on her website for the general idea). We went up passed the bowling green and by the glorious Ataxa tree which is in full bloom at the moment. It has leaves so white that the whole tree looks luminous and fairy like even in a dull light.

When we walked back through a little pathway to the bowling green keepers lodge my mistress found a tiny bed of herbs some of rosemary, lemon balm, lavender and mint and possibly a sweet basil. Ignoring everything else my mistress brushed her hands over the herbs and even stuck her nose near to the basil.(I thought only dogs did that!) I could see her physically winding down as she did so.

Hopefully in the next week or so we will be able to bring you pictures so you can see the above and judge for yourself but unfortunately we cannot bring you smell - a - vision. You will just have to take my word for it that those herbs smelled so sweet you could not help but be uplifted. Lemon Balm is especially good for this - just the smell of it makes you feel better and it makes a very pleasant tea Apparently this herb spreads like a weed but when turned into an oil is quite costly.

Now Himself is back and Bernard and I can take a break from looking after my mistress. She really ought to get a grip with this work /life balance.Apparently many humans have this worry especially if they work for themselves.(Needless to say dogs don't. We consider sleep work) As a good friend of ours often says working for yourself is the freedom to work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 52 weeks of the year. The problem is that my mistress really enjoys work and enjoys life - especially with friends.She had lunch with one today again in the Old Chappel - no doggy bag this time though. There just is just not enough hours in the day.

One great event to day has been the buying a bluetooth gadget to down load pictures to the blog. This should be most interesting to watch -almost like man first finding fire I suspect. We may have to wait for Mistress Blue to come and help. I almost envy her visit to Brighton but am very pleased she is going .

And now both my Mistress and I are considering doing some more sleep research. Girl Girl Hampster asked what sleep research is. Well it is a study made when your horizontal in your most comfortable position and in the best place in the house, often near a warm radiator. Then you just study the inside of your eyelids and see what comes up. Usually I am either eating gorgeous food or going on long, long runs I used to make when I was much younger. Mistress Winter also studies - usually in chocolate!.

Take good care of yourselves all of you and look after your owners well

TTFN

Samwise

4 comments:

Agatha and Archie said...

Well we can not wait for the pictures because we were just smelling the herbs as you spoke of them!!!!!!! ANd your walk sounde lovely!!!! Love A+A

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

We saw your blog featured on Rocky, Bear and Angel Lacylulu's blog. Blue wanted us to come over to say hi.

Hope you have a good weekend. Mama and Papa's 27th wedding anniversary was yesterday.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

George the Pup said...

Hi Mr. Samwise,

I saw your comment over on Hershey and Kaci's blog and I just had to come over. My kitty friends in Atlanta have a dog named Samwise (he shares their blog, but he's really nice!

That soap sure sounds good, though I usually like to eat soap rather than use it for a bath.

George

Kyanite said...

Good morning Sam & MW!

Sorry I'm a wee bit poping over but as you now I'm away - heading home today.
TY for your comments - glad you're keeping upto speed with my adventures - have lots to tell you.

See you both this coming Friday.

Love, pats & pets
Blue