Wednesday 7 May 2008

An Extra Blog For a Beautiful Day

Greetings All

I thought I would do an extra blog this week since I think I missed last Friday whilst Mistress Winter and I got to grips properly with this thing of blogging. My Mistress has an unexpected day home - which is nice

Today has been a perfect early summer day - too good not to report on. Not a particularly busy day due to the heat and the fact that my Mistress and I were not feeling particularly on top form but just walking round the field at the back was good enough

This field is very old, marking the boundaries of two ancient British tribal kingdoms. It is used by all the town for recreation ranging from football practice to bonfire night but my Mistress and I have been fascinated by all the flowers that are coming into bloom.

My mistress is a town girl without question but she has always been curious about flowers and plants and what they can do - and today was no exception. In our short trots out we came across clouds of cow parsley (or Queen Ann's Lace) with billows of white dead nettle not to mention all the dandelions and daisies. We also found speedwell self heal and borage almost without looking.The bluebells are still out although now fading and the May flowers are still there. All this in one field. I didn't know this but apparently borage is also the producer of star flower oil which is the new wonder oil to help rejuvenate the skin.

All the time the sun was warm and bright. I have to be careful as Bernard says l about my heart. The vet says I have a big heart murmur and so I get out of breath very quickly, hence the short walks in the heat but I still managed to meet several other local dogs including Ringo Dozy Paws. He's a young Labrador who doesn't know when to stop bouncing. Decent chap Ringo but I did tell him last time I'd bounce him off the ceiling if he didn't pack it in. He did calm down and we passed the time of day. His brother is much more sedate and gentle. I also met George the most beautiful white Westie, young, like Ringo but not as lively.He could trace his parentage right back to his great grand parents, his owner proudly told us Had a good chat and sniff with him exchanging the news as you do. Now I am crashed out on my sofa, leaning up against the keyboard.

My Mistress is also tiered after a massive clearout of her wardrobes and what looks like a lot of my fur from underneath. Really I think I should be bald with the amount I have collected there. And how she can have so many clothes I have no idea. I have one coat and that's it. Now it is all bagged up everywhere ready to take down to the charity shop.(the clothes not the fur!) I think she should listen to Vivien Westwood who said something like ' Find your favorites and wear them until they fall off you'

Now I think it is an early night for both of us. Pottering about is quite exhausting. I am contemplating about making a request for some music such as the singer Agatha and Arther terrier listened to in their last blog but I am not quite sure what to choose

TTFN until Friday

Samwise

2 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Hello Mr Samwise. I read about you from Rocky's blog and I'm a friend of Blue too.
You look like a nice doggie

~ Girl girl

Kyanite said...

Hi Sam & Mistess Winter.

Glad you had a lovely walk.
Now my next blog tutorial will be on adding photo's.
But, as I'm not seeing you this week, let me know whether you'd like me to add a few from our walk together last Friday.

Pats & pets
Blue