Thursday 17 July 2008


Well a very good evening to you all


Time has flown again and we are into another blog. As like last week my mistress is exausted again - and she's meant to be on holiday!. The problem is, it is very difficult to have a holiday when you work for yourself - but she has got a heck of a lot done!


I have been trotting around doing my job of entertaining the old folk round here, letting them scratch my ears and tell me how handsome I am.I really enjoy their company and it is nice for them to have me to make a fuss of if they don't have a dog of their own I think.


I met up with other dogs this morning for a doggy meeting Cara the big boxer and Tyler the little Beagle Lucy the black lab managed to out run her owner by quite a way which impressed us all. She was very patience waiting for her mistress to catch up.


My mistress came back with two good anecdotes from work this week.


As you know she works in a shop and two well heeled parents came in and while they were buying various remedies for different memebers of the family their mobile phone went off. The father answered it and laughed loudly saying 'just make sure you get the money'


He came back to describe to his wife the following conversation from the son


'I am in trouble - but not much and I am not much hurt - but you will be getting a call from my teacher'


It appears that for sponsering the son squeezed himself in the smallest bin in the school and rolled down a local slope while his friends filmed the event. As only five of his friends fwere there, the boy did again and this time the teacher caught him.


His mother rolled her eyes to the ceiling and said to me 'I wouldn't mind but he's not raising funds for charity - he wants to raise money for a pop concert'


But as the boys father said his son hadn't harmed himself or anyone else so what had the teacher to complain about (I did refraine from mentioning the number of grey hairs of responsibility this pupil will have added to her collection)


I admired the father for being so relaxed about things and his son for being so enterprising. My parents were lovely but not half so fun loving


On the same day a young man came in looking slightly bewildered saying could he buy our flowers and their vasefor props for a film set. I said no because they were part of the shop fittings. Half joking I said he could hire them - which he promptly did for £20. As I said to the boss - I made a reasonable profit.


These even got me smiling. I hope they have you


One more thing. I have my own herb bag for my beds of mint and sage - and it smells fantastic.Really fresh for an old boy like me.


So that's it for the moment, I'm off for dinner


Have a great few weeks and look after each other


TTFN

Samwise

2 comments:

George the Pup said...

Mommy rarely has funny stories from work, but it's nice when she does because that means she had a good day (and that's always good).

Hope you enjoy your holiday!

Woofs,
George

Kyanite said...

Glad you posted the two tales.
I had a good giggle for a second time.

See you Thursday.

Love, pats & pets
Nistress Blue