Sunday 8 June 2008

Dog Roses!!



Hello Everyone

Sorry for the late blog. My mistress has been so busy - both at work and play.
This was me this morning. I just couldn't resist putting it at the top of today's blog. I was just so happy to be out in the sunlight!


We were out early this morning due to the hot weather. Usually I don't get up until nine but this morning Bernard, my friend from the other side was pushing me out of bed reminding me that the heat is not good for my heart.


When we went to down load today's pictures we found the pictures we took last week with my friend Digger. Digger is rather a handsome fellow so I thought you might like to see him. He is a bit of a pin up boy among the lady dogs round here but he's a good mate to me




Here is Digger greeting us and telling me about the dog roses





This is me inspecting the roses




Here's one happy Digger





These next pictures are of the roses we found this morning. We were out early this morning due to the fact that we knew it was going to be a very hot day. The sun was absolutely fantastic Normally I don't get up until about nine but Bernard (my friend who went to the bridge) was with me pushing me out of bed,reminding me that the heat is not good for my heart. We went to the fields at the back of our house and found these lovely flowers.





It's hard to believe that such beautiful flowers should be at the entrance to an ugly electrical power station and yet that is exactly where they are


The rest of the day my mistress and I spent in the yard as she planted out yet more herbs. She has found a passion for mint. Apparently you can get mint in may different guises and she has managed to collect no less than seven. They are apple mint, garden mint, cologne mint (which smells exquisite) black spear mint pine apple mint, lavender mint, basil mint and chocolate mint. Yes ladies a growing chocolate mint. On visiting friends yesterday I heard that she had been discussing a new recipe which involved purifying this mint to add to ice cream.


We now have a very scented corner of the yard to sit in. There are other herbs in the garden such as lavender and rosemary,lemon balm, thyme and sage but the sweet smell of mint is like nothing else.(Mint is very good for the digestion and for travel sickness as well as cleansing the pallet). When things have grown on a bit I will put up a photo. I have suggested to my mistress that the next project we try is to grow a chamomile seat.


To finish with, I thought I would leave you with this quote I found on the bags of our local book store

'Outside a dog a book is a man's best friend - inside it's too dark to read!!'

We think it is by T S Elliot

Until next week, look after yourselves and your owners

TTFN

Samwise

3 comments:

Agatha and Archie said...

CHOCOLATE MINT!!!! Mmmmmmmmmm! Those flowers are pretty!! ANd how nice they are outside a not so pretty place!! Love A+A

George the Pup said...

That is a wonderful picture of you in the sun Mr. Samwise! The roses are lovely too.

It's been hot here too, so my time outside has been limited too - bummer (but I'm going to get a haircut soon, so that will help).

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

The roses are very pretty. Your friend Digger is very handsome - just like you.

We hope you had a good weekend.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci